Tom usually helps before he goes to work by getting the tray for the first feed and medicines ready, but obviously didn't have time, Aaron also needed a shower from the milk that leaked all over his hair during his night feed, the boys needed to be smart for photo day, and Aaron had a large feed which takes longer due to not being able to eat before his ultrasound.
As consequently we were running a bit late for school I didn't remember the dog poo I'd seen on the way to school and pushed the pushchair straight though it on the way back, so had to wipe the wheels down with baby wipes in the car park and then a quick wee in the pot for Aaron before going to Epsom to get a few bits for cub camp for Ethan (tomorrow).
The shop was quite successful, but punctuated by a wee at 10.30 "1 hr before ultrasound" and starting on pumping in "2-4 glasses of fluid".
![]() |
| Look what we found at the shops! Aaron's favourite |
Next on to get petrol as it was beeping at me, and another quick wee for Aaron in the Tesco carpark of course, but some more sleep in the car which allowed me a McDonalds drive through mmm!
By the time he woke up it was time to collect the others from school and try and fit in a very late feed, it had been too long and he was very hard to aspirate, I must have looked very stressed and strange in the playground? and I was desperately trying to recalculate when the next feed times would now be and quantity we could get away with so as not to stay up til midnight or so but not give him tummy ache. We eventually managed it, rounded up the boys and then decided to attempt feeding in the car so we could all go home and collapse.
When we got home my big boys were very helpful as usual and emptied the car but when it got to getting Aaron out he got tangled and pulled the tape off his face and the tube half out, result- him crying, me shouting for boys' help, Josh disentangling the tube, Ethan carrying feed bag, me holding Aaron in 1 arm and holding tube to nose with other hand. We got it back in and re-taped with some assistance from my little helpers. Phew. At least not a trip to the hospital to get it put back down.
Next I checked answer phone; yes I was right to hassle the dietician, the new formula milk she prescribed wasn't the right one...................

1 comment:
Hi Ruth. I was wondering how things were going - now I think I know! I can see even your organizational skills are being tested to the limit. I hope things calm down soon. Best wishes to you all.
Post a Comment