Josh had another of his episodes yesterday, lasting from his morning feed til bedtime. lots of wooziness, tummy ache, ow-ing, salivating and denial. All as usual but lasting much longer, saved from actual sickness (which looked iminant) by i think dropping some of his feed under advice from the dietician. So far he has woken up ok today.
The day before this i went to see the midwife, mainly to chase up a scan appointment for some low pain i'd been having, and discovered they had booked me in for an abdominal scan not obstetric, hence the delay. Whilst there they did the normal baby checks and found that the heart rate of the baby was quite low, there was then a busy period where they called an ambulance, sent me with Josh to Guildford Hospital (not Epsom as less than 35 weeks) where we met my Mum whilst they decided whether i needed to go to theatre. They decided whilst low the heart beat was normal so observed us for several hours and took bloods etc.
The next day i went for the planned scan at Epsom, which was as suspected was the wrong sort, so i spoke to a midwife who amazingly got me in that morning with a great obstetrician who was decisive and thorough.
In a nutshell she now has me booked in for a repeat CTG (heart rate study) tomorrow, St Georges scan Monday for the babys heart, and a doppler study ultra sound (blood flow?) on Tuesday
I'm trying to rest and take it easy, at least its the weekend, but that rather depends on Josh too!
The day before this i went to see the midwife, mainly to chase up a scan appointment for some low pain i'd been having, and discovered they had booked me in for an abdominal scan not obstetric, hence the delay. Whilst there they did the normal baby checks and found that the heart rate of the baby was quite low, there was then a busy period where they called an ambulance, sent me with Josh to Guildford Hospital (not Epsom as less than 35 weeks) where we met my Mum whilst they decided whether i needed to go to theatre. They decided whilst low the heart beat was normal so observed us for several hours and took bloods etc.
The next day i went for the planned scan at Epsom, which was as suspected was the wrong sort, so i spoke to a midwife who amazingly got me in that morning with a great obstetrician who was decisive and thorough.
In a nutshell she now has me booked in for a repeat CTG (heart rate study) tomorrow, St Georges scan Monday for the babys heart, and a doppler study ultra sound (blood flow?) on Tuesday
I'm trying to rest and take it easy, at least its the weekend, but that rather depends on Josh too!
1 comment:
Sorry no contact for a while. Was going to say I'd been busy but don't have the nerve having caught up with your blog!
Fingers crossed for you over the next few days and hope it's good news re No3.
My heart goes out to Josh - he sounds like such a trooper. Glad Ethan seems to be on the mend.
All well here. Lloyd tongue doing fine after cauterisation and next on the list is more cysts out, tonsils out and grommits in.
My best wishes to you all xx
Post a Comment