8 Jun 2010

latest visits


on friday we went in with ethan to guildford hospital for our 11.30 appointment but they were busy as always and were seen at about 1pm, they decided to ultra sound as we had expected but this could not be done til after lunch break 2pm+ and was finally done at around 3.30pm. all this time ethan was kept nil by mouth which he was very cross about! anyway the results showed no fluid to drain and no change in the size of the lump so we were sent home til tuesday, with plans top start considering biopsying properly to look for infections and consider nasties like lymphoma.

today we were back and saw the consultant (on friday the dr thought we'd be better being 'consultant led'). the redness looks decreased and less angry but the lump the same. the plan is to keep going with the antibiotics and go back in later this week for blood tests etc with paediatrics, and then return next tuesday (unfed so can be nil by mouth)and unless there is dramatic improvement go in for general anaesthetic again for a biopsy and perhaps MRI. he also needs his temperature monitoring and will not go back to school this week at their advice. The admission is all booked for next week so it looks more likely than unlikely.

we are still waiting for josh's review and will be at my Obstetrician appointment tomorrow to check me and my medications in regard to the pregnancy.

No comments: